This working group had five objectives:
- Objective 1: Share ideas, case studies, and best practices related to behaviour and policy change in citizen science initiatives. These best practices were documented with close attention to their context (e.g., geographic, cultural, legal, and social context).
- Objective 2: Jointly analyse and document the lessons learned from (un-)successful initiatives in catalysing changes in the behaviour of different stakeholders (e.g., trust, participation behaviour, collaboration culture), as well as established decision and policy-making processes.
- Objective 3: By March 2022, develop guidelines and principles on behaviour and policy change that help cities and citizen science initiatives foster such changes.
- Objective 4: Pilot the developed best practice in at least one real-life example of citizen science initiatives between June and December 2022.
- Objective 5: Consolidate the guidelines/principles with lessons learned from the pilot phase and further analysis by March 2023.