This working group had six objectives:
- Objective 1: Share ideas, case studies, and best practices of digital inclusion in citizen science initiative, with close attention to the issue of competencies.
- Objective 2: Jointly analyse and document competencies (knowledge, skills, attitude) required by citizens to participate in citizen science initiatives, as well as those of policy-makers, decision-makers and municipal employees to engage citizens in such initiatives.
- Objective 3: Map the identified competencies against specific purposes/applications for citizens, policy-makers, decision-makers and municipal employees.
- Objective 4: By March 2022, develop a guideline that helps cities and citizen science initiatives to understand, identify and enhance capacities and competencies required for the digital inclusion of different actors.
- Objective 5: Pilot the developed guideline in at least one real-life example of citizen science initiatives between June and December 2022.
- Objective 6: Consolidate the guidelines with lessons learned from the pilot phase and further analysis by March 2023.